Born: February 2, 1915
Place of Birth: Vancouver, British Columbia
Death: December 15, 2005
Place of Death: Vancouver, British Columbia
Category: Golfer, professional
Club Affiliations: Marine Drive Golf Club
Tackling professional golf with the same intensity of his amateur days, Stan Leonard's win at the 1940 CPGA championship was the first for a golfer from outside central Canada in nearly two decades. Leonard would capture seven more CPGA titles and win the PGA Tour'' Western Open, Greater Greensboro Open and Tournament of Champions.
Stan Leonard's Record:
- 1937 Winner of Northwest Open (as Amateur)
- 1957 Greater Greensboro Open Champion
- 1958 Tournament of Champions
- 1960 Western Open Champion
- 1960 Northwest Open Champion
- 1960 Canadian Match Play Open Champion
- 1956 Canadian Professional Golfers Match Play Champion
- Canadian Professional Golfers' Champion: 1940-1941, 1950-1951, 1954, 1957, 1959, 1961
- Low Canadian professional, Canadian Open: 1945, 1950-1952, 1955, 1958-1960
- British Columbia Amateur Champion: 1932, 1935
- British Columbia Open Champion: 1947, 1949-1950, 1954, 1961
- Alberta Open Champion: 1937, 1939, 1941-1943, 1947, 1949-1950, 1955
- Saskatchewan Open Champion: 1950, 1955
- 1955 Tied for first place in Labatt Open, but lost in an extra hole playoff.
- 1945 Runner-up in Alberta Open
Other items of note:
To view images of Stan Leanoard from the museum collection, click here.
- Member of Canadian Hopkins Trophy Team six times.
- Member of Canada Cup Team nine times
- Member of British Columbia Willingdon Cup Team six times.
- Leonard was posthumously awarded the BC PGA's Lifetime Award on October 11, 2006.
- Stan Leonard won a total of forty-four tournaments during his career.